Before watching this video, follow the steps below to get set up with the HeroBlack 8 camera.
Heads Up: Before pairing, make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on your smartphone.
- Power on your camera.
- Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Preferences."
- Select "Connections" and then tap on "Connect Device."
- Tap on "GoPro Quik" to put your camera in pairing mode.
- At this point, you can tap on the "i" icon in the top right corner to see your WiFi name and password.
- Open GoPro Quik:
- Select the Camera logo at the bottom left corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera
- You should see "We Found Your GoPro" and a blue "Connect" button. Tap on connect.
- You will see a section to change your camera's name, or you can tap on the bottom button to leave the name as it is.
- Once a name is set, GoPro Quik will show a live preview of your camera. You're all set!
Don’t change any settings. Your home screen should open with the "Epic" setting already shown.
This video covers:
- The 3 primary takes required for us to create your video: 1. Front Facing. 2. Side Facing. 3. POV (head mounted)
- One optional take that we can use to enhance your video: handheld moving camera (requires 2nd person to facilitate)
- 3 tips for filming in general