The LTD Digital Drinks Contest: SMOKED
Sponsored by Volcan Tequila
There are over 31 million #cocktail posts on Instagram. These “digital drinks” tell the story of the cocktails they represent. The Digital Drinks Contest series is our way of seeking out and celebrating pro and home bartenders who are great visual storytellers.
Our first contest of the series is SMOKED, sponsored by Volcan Tequila. Create a Volcan Tequila cocktail that in some way incorporates the element of smoke. The finalists and winner will be selected by the LTD team and guest judge, BAD BIRDY. Deadline to enter: December 5, 2021. View the Official Rules here.
The 5 top finalists will receive a Volcan Smoke Top, GoPro, and LTD swag.
Finalists will have 1 month to create a 2nd cocktail, capturing the process with the provided GoPro. LTD will produce a professionally edited video using the raw video clips provided by the winner during the finals. This video will be shared with our community on Instagram and YouTube.
HOW TO ENTER
- Create a cocktail using Volcan Tequila as the base spirit and incorporate the element of smoke in some way. Post a photo, series of photos (carousel), or video of the cocktail on Instagram, including the recipe and insight into what role smoke plays in the cocktail.
- All valid entries must Include #digitaldrinkscontest in the post and tag Instagram accounts @volcantequila and @licensed_to_distill.
- An eligible entry must comply with these Official Rules and may not contain any of the Prohibited Content set forth in the Official Rules
- Judging will be based on:
1. Adherence to the Official Rules
2. Creativity of idea: How differentiating is the idea vs other similar submissions provided. How is the element of smoke used in the cocktail.
3. Quality of content: How visually and descriptively appealing is the photo/video and description. Focus on storytelling with your visuals and your words.
- The top 5 Finalists will have one month to create a 2nd cocktail using the provided Volcan Smoke Top and GoPro to capture raw footage of the creation of this cocktail and submit it to LTD.
- In addition to using tripods and the provided POV head mounts, finalists are permitted to recruit others to assist in the filming of their cocktail.
- The contest is open to anyone 21 or over, living in the 48 contiguous states of the USA or Washington DC. Utah Residents may not enter due to restrictions in that state.
- All entries must be posted by Midnight PST on November 30th, 2021.
- For more information and the complete Official Rules, click here.
- November 1, 2021: Launch (open to entries)
- December 5, 2021: Deadline to enter
- December 7, 2021: Finalists Announced
- January 10, 2022: Deadline for finalists entries
- January 15, 2022: Winner Announced